Friday, January 11, 2013

Going to make an effort to make shakes as meal replacements!

Hi Guys good morning! So yesterday I got my protein powder and this morning when I was nibbling on my oatmeal, I decided that I spend over 40 freaking dollars on my GNC little blender plus 40 dollars more this month for the protein powder and yet I have been refusing to drink shakes, but I realized that I cant do that. I cant keep buying things and not use them for their purpose. Yes, you can add protein powder to food, but protein powders are made more for meal replacements to lose weight and not to add to food because that increases their caloric content and protein shakes as meal replacements are meant to be low in caloric content, yet high in protein to keep you full till the next meal, which is why they are meal REPLACEMENTS! So I dumped out the oatmeal and made myself a shake this morning. I bought a peanut butter chocolate flavor and O M Y G O D! It is so yumm! I made it with 1 cup soy milk, 1/2 proteIn powder, 1tbsp peanut flour and waldens farms chocolate! YUMMMMMM!
I am going to keep my shakes under 200 though. I will be making them different flavors so i dont get bored or the same flavors until i get bored. HAHAH. I really like todays shake so I think its a keeper until i get bored of the flavor then I will add some berries other days, etc.

I am going to keep my other meals the same. Well, wish me luck with this shake experiment! I am planning on doing shakes every morning for atleast 4 days and the other 3 days I will switch it up with "real" food so I dont throw up from too much shakes.

This is the protein powder I use. I lLOVE IT! ALL NATURAL! Remember, if you want to shop for supplements and other goodies online, I bought mine from Iherb and you can use my discount code on my blog to get 5$ plus more on orders over 40 :)


1 comment:

  1. That protein powder looks good, sweetened with stevia but WOW expensive. Drink it slowly. LOL
    I think switching it up some days on and some off is a great idea. Have a great weekend :-)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive