Saturday, December 8, 2012

SHAKES, ALMOND BUTTER, AND OATMEAL BREAD

OK. So I should be studying for my finals, but i couldnt help myself from sharing with you todays yummy breakfast! It is my oatmeal protein bread with cream cheese, almond butter and hazelnut butter...ofcourse, with a cup of joe and cream :) I am seriously addicted and it's okay! :)
I also went shopping for some protein powder and protein bars. I am not a big fan of protein bars as many of them are pretty much candy, but I love love quest bars. They are very very expensive though so i only buy about 3-4 at a time. So I decided that since I am working out about 3-4 times a week now, I am going to start drinking my shakes. Today I had one and it was amazing I put so many good things in my shakes! I love jay robb's protein powders because they are seriously super yummy! i hate soy based proteins- YUK! So for dinner tonight I had my shake since i worked out this evening. I am going to try and supplement shakes for my meals on workout days. So today my dinner was a shake, but I will def. have dessert tonight- DUH! :)

I also made this yummy healthy casserole today for lunch and it was amazing. I love how my soy cheese lets me enjoy that cheese-ie taste to my foods. i buy Vegan Gourmet soy cheeses for they are super yummy! I dont even feel like I am missing out, but if i wasnt lactose intolerant i would def. always have regular cheese, no doubt.

Well today I did 30 minutes at the gym and now I am super happy and proud of myself. Oh yes, I am no longer coutning anything! yeah! thats a big one for me. i am just taking pictures here and there and writing down what I am eating just so I can see how what I eat affects me and so on forth. It's pretty great actually- I will get there, but i gotta work hard, slowly but surely. GOODNIGHT! :)



JAY ROBB IS THE BEST PROTEIN POWDER EVER! :)
IT IS QUITE PRICEY SO IF YOU KNOW OF ANY OTHER BRAND THAT'S AS HEALTHY AND NATURAL, BUT CHEAPER PLEASE DO LET ME KNOW..


BEST LUNCH EVER!!!!

5 comments:

  1. I am amazed at how 'bready' your oatmeal bread looks! Do you grind up the oats before you mix it all up?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honestly thats exactly how it turns out.super fkuffy and holds up to anything! I dont even grind the oats.i just measure them as quick oat. Def. Try it :)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just made it, now I'm waiting for it to cool! I used Designer Whey Protein, I know it's not the best choice out there, but it's a better choice at my local supermarket. We are having bacon and avocado sandwiches for lunch, I'll let you know!

      Delete
    2. Did you use flavored protein or unflavored? I hope you like it!

      Delete
    3. It is vanilla flavored. This bread is yummy! I am looking forward to peanut butter toast with it in the morning. yum! I used 1/2 cup pumpkin and no milk, b/c I needed to use it up, and it worked out great. I am pretty happy with the nutritional info for the bread, minus the no fiber aspect. I always like to have fiber in the morning, so I need to figure out how to get fiber in without changing the recipe too much...

      Delete

Blog Archive