Thursday, December 13, 2012

Products I am loving NOVEMBER-DECEMBER (food)

Hey guys so I thought I would do a post on products I really like and tell you what I think about them. Here are a few foods i have been eating every day mostly all day long..Shhhh... I know I know, no bueno,but cant help myself. So here it goes

PB2: I just love love this stuff. It really is peanut butter, but healthified. All you do is mix in water or milk and it turns into peanut butter. I use it for smoothies like protein shakes, in yogurts and as "sauces for pancakes! Let me tell you, it is out of this world what you can do with this stuff and it is currently what I am in love with well among the other foods below. If you havent given it a try, give it a go! It's delish! I really dont care to try the chocolate flavored one because I can just made that myself by adding cocoa and stevia. Just stick to the original and trust me it is amazing!



TRADER JOES RAW UNSALTED CRUNCHY ALMOND BUTTER: Ok. I SWEAR by this stuff. If you like almonds this is for you, it's way better than most brands i have ever tried and so much cheaper too! It is only about less than 5 bucks as compared to other brands that can range up to 10 bucks like Justins Almond butter brand. It is so so so yummy! I have gone through two jars in the past two weeks all by myself, which means I eat one whole jar in a week. YIKES! But it's just that good! I love mines sweet so what I do is I add stevia in the jar and mix it very well. It makes the almond butter sweet, crunchy and NOT salty! Since it is UNSALTED, its super yummy! I love it so much. Okay enough.. next product


WALDEN FARMS CHOCOLATE SYRUP: Yes, I know.. I KNOW, but you know what? I am okay with this product and theres many of you who are not but for all of you who aren't super strict on yourselfs and want something with no calories, no fats, proteins, carbs or sugar, this is the stuff! It is sooo sweet though, which is a pro because that means you use less. I actually try to limit myself to only 1 tbsp MAX per day! No more!  I do not want to over do it, but i gotta say I rather eat this sauce than hersheys or any other brand of sugar free stuff. It's pretty cheap too. about less than 4 bucks at my store and they also sell them online too pretty cheap! I havent tried other things fromt hem except the marshmallow dip, which I will get in to.  I love to add less than 1tbsp about 1tsp to my yogurt to make it like a dessert and then I sweeten it up with stevia and it's soooo yummy! I also like to drizzle it on to other foods. its yummy! and to me it does taste like a chocolate sauce. I do like it, but of course you gotta be used to eating things that arent sweetened with fructose and sugar, because if you're used to that kind of sweeteners, it'll take time to get used to sweeteners like stevia, etc.


WALDEN FARMS MARSHMALLOW DIP: Okay this is so yummy and so sweet! The thing with this one though, is that I haven't had marshmallow dip (the really bad kind thats super bad for you) in ages! I really dont even eat marshamallows or chocolate and candy bars or any of that junk. I really don't so I dont remember what "real marshmallow dip" tastes like, but I really like this stuff! It is over poweringly sweet, which is a go for me! It's got a texture of like pudding or more like a custard actually. I dont mind it because honestly, when you chose to go healthy things arent as "good and decadent" as they used to and thats because the things that make them that yummy are hydrogentated oils, fructose, and all those preservatices, but for me I have really learned and love love stevia, xlitol etc. So this product is a go for me! I also dont go past 1tbsp a day with this even though theres no calories, fats, sugars, or carbs in this. I do LIMIT myself. I add it to yogurts and use it as spread! it's soooo yummy!



Okay well with that said, I hope all of you are doing well! 
I hope your goals are coming along. 
I have been at the gym for 4 days in a row now as opposed to only 2 or 3 times. i love it I went today and I am going again tonight with my sister. I love love the gym. 
With food though, I am still struggling to control how much i eat, but it's never horrible things really. I just indulge too much on my own baked sweets and stuff like that. 



4 comments:

  1. Hi Ashley, :)

    I am so happy that you did this post. I have never tried the Walden Farms Marshmallow Dip but always wanted to. Thanks for the thumbs up! :)

    I also love the PB2. I bought both kinds, plain and the chocolate. I must admit I love the chocolate one the best. I add it to my protein shakes, to oatmeal and to Greek yogurt. SO good!

    Thanks again for posting this.

    Have a great weekend Ashley!

    Linda in Western NC :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi linda, I am glad i could help! Yep. I was very skleptical about waldens products,e specially because they arent quite healthy, but hey moderation is key! So I did buy them and i am addicted to them! Ofcourse i dont stick my finger in the marshamllow dip, or pour the chocolate sauce in a spoonful and eart it, but you know why? Because they are extremely sweet and this comes from a girl who loves sweets and a girl whose sweet tooth is so week that I need EXTRA sweeteness to like it, so this is a go for me! I love love them.

      I am waiting on my pb2 to come! I decided i would just buy it in bulks since i love it so much :)

      Thanks for your comment Linda,

      let me know if you try any of their other profucts from walden's!

      Delete
  2. I still need to try that PB2. Have a great Friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is amazing especially if youre watching calories or fats, etc. but i just love adding it to yogurt and shakes!

      Delete

Blog Archive