Friday, February 1, 2013

Ive been off the wagon for so long its hard to get back on

It just got worse as winter break ended. I just somehow cant get my shit together nowadays. (sorry)
Not to mention, if you remember well, I have been sick for two weeks making it incredibly frustrating . I had a very hard time swallonig and breathing for two weeks, which got worse the second week. I was up all nights till 3am and waking up at 6am (only about 4 hours of sleep every night) then i would wake up wheezing and crying and just so stressed out because I couldnt breathe. I was at the ER but they wouldnt see me because i had no insurance and they had told me it would take up to 12 hours for them to see me so i left and never got seen. I was also at my university's urgent care and they didnt know much. I got x-rays and heart scan but everything was "good". I am now taking everyday :

prilosec (because they think i have GERD, which causes build up of mucus in throat which cant be coughed up it just settles there in the throat causing your throat to close up i.e. this is where breathing is disturbed and anxiety come in because not being able to breath causes panic/anxiety)
Robitussim( every 4 hours)
TUMS (at every meal)

I was also taking benadryl and mucinex last week, but stopped after they told me that those would only dry me up which would not help with the "PHLEHM" in my throat
The first ttime at urgent care, they even had to give me shot that ended up putting me to sleep for almost two hours because I was just so anxious i felt i could stop breathing any minute


 I got prescribed tons of things which I am not taking plus i was having the worst sleep patterns and eating patterns because i couldnt eat at certain times and when i could eat, it would be the wrong things because by that time i just wanted to eat before my swallowing got back to worse again. Its been rough and the scale has proven that and so how my stomach. I am now 113 lbs, which I have never been. I had maintained being 110lbs or less up to last year and all my life had never been over 105ls some months up to 110 but always been a low number so as you can see, its been a rough winter break. I am also back to school and this week was my first week, which was the worse because i was so sick i had to ask my employer to let me have the week off and also had to drop two courses i was going to take. It's BEEEN ROUGH! Not to mention my boyfriends coming home pretty soon sometime next week or so (soon) and I am just a mess right now. I havnet been to the gym either which has made it worse because the gym is like my best friend, but my breathing problem has kept me away from it. I am glad it is finally friday though hopefully I can recover and be back to 100% me. I am still a bit sick but my breathing has improved. Well that's my story of why I have been off the wagon. Its NOT FUN!

Have a great weekend though! <3

2 comments:

  1. Ashley, I'm not the best one to give advice, but you will get back on track when you are feeling better. Give yourself a break and get better. I haven't been working out so long due to my hamstring tear and knee problem and it definitely has an impact on my mental state. You aren't sleeping well and have alot going on. Just take it easy and you will get right back on track. You have all the tools and it will happen. XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boy that is a lot of medicine. I hope you feel better.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive