Monday, February 4, 2013

Trying to cure my acid reflux

Before it gets worse. I think right now my acid reflux would be considered moderate. I dont think I have it as bad as some people write about..It is moderate in the sense that blocks my air way passages, or so it seems like and makes it very stressful because i panic for air. I was doing some reading. I dont want to take prescription meds all my life or even for 30days like my doctor prescribed. I was watching a video from docto mercola and was reading Marias blog and both agree that taking any of prescription for GERD can actually cause your body to become addicted to these drugs(not a shocker); therefore, I am going to try and treat it and hopefully cure it through diet along with supplementation.

I ordered:

Licorice root supp.
marsmallw root supp.
Sleppery Elm.
digestive enzymes.

I forget what other supplement i ordered. Anyhow, they should be here in less than 3 days. They are suppose to help with gerd and i am hoping they can help me. Along with that I am also going to be restrcitive with my diet:

FOODS I WILL BE AVODIING:

dairy (besides eggs and whey)
red meat
cooking foods in too much oil/ or no oils
citrus
spicy foods
minimize and slowly stop drinking coffee in the morning(today i had 1 cup)
wheat
grains
tomato based products
all nuts/nut butters


i am going to emphasize veggies for dinner and decrease animal protein at night. I am going to stop eating anything past 7pm, but preferably 6pm. I will make sure i go to be feeling slightly hungry. i.e. empty.  I am also going to have smaller meals 3-5 meals throughout the day and not ever feel "full" because every time i used to feel full in the past, my tummy troubles would come back ...as you know, i sued to complain a lot of tummy aches, so im sure thats how my GERD flared up.

OKAY...WISH ME LUCK! PLEASE..This is like a major lifestlye change. 360!

1 comment:

  1. Wow that's a lot of stuff to cut out. I hope all that makes you feel better. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive